Q. I need voter turnout numbers for presidential elections in a handful of states. I also need demographic breakdowns by race and age.
Do you have suggestions for databases that I should search for this?
Answered By: Feraz Ashraf Last Updated: Sep 18, 2017 Views: 15
1. There is a print resource available at SAIS which may have some of the information that you’re looking for: https://catalyst.library.jhu.edu/catalog/bib_2213780
2. Also, it looks like you can get basic election data from these resources:
3. To get the information split up into different demographic categories you will have to use ANES to get the raw data and then use statistics software such as STATA to analyze it (.dta files are for STATA)
4. You may also want to check out ICPSR’s SETUPS which makes the ANES data easier to use although it may not break up the data by state
5. You can also view the ANES data online here: http://www.electionstudies.org/studypages/download/online_analysis.htm